Saturday, November 25, 2023

Shiloh is my legal and biological daughter

I put this as a reel on FB, and I'm also sharing here:




Some couples do embryo adoption or use donor DNA, but even in those cases the gestational carrier is never related to the baby. Only in traditional surrogacy is the surrogate the baby’s genetic mother (like Hagar in the Bible) and that is rare and also illegal in most states. Myself and my husband are the genetic and legal parents of our baby, as is usually the case with gestational surrogacy. Many people are unfamiliar with the correct terminology, and maybe even unfamiliar with the logistics as well. I find myself wondering if people truly don’t know that I am my baby’s mother? Well to anyone who didn’t know, now you do! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiloh 1 Month Old

Shiloh Ocean's first visit to the ocean! Dada put a flower in her hair.