Saturday, May 6, 2023

Quilt Square Honoring the Five

I used to do a lot of sewing in childhood and teen years. Both by hand and machine. Clothes, quilts, various projects. I haven't done much sewing as an adult up until recently. I'm sewing a large quilt to use and enjoy. It will have 25 different squares, each a unique pattern. So far I've completed 18 squares, so I'm getting close to the point where I can sew them all together, line it and back it, and put my quilt into use! :)

This square is in honor of my 5 embryos created in 2021. Three are in heaven, one is in utero, and one is still in the freezer at this time.

I named each of my babies for an individual quality, but of course these are all qualities I want all of my children to have. Here is the significance:

Autarkeia: Contentment. Birds flying in the sky amidst a beautiful backdrop. Contentment holds eternal keys to days of peace which never pass.

Quinn: Wisdom (literally, one who gives wise counsel.) Honeycomb, for wisdom is sweet and life-giving like honey.

Sparrow: Never alone. Not even a sparrow shall fall apart from the Father, and He is with us always, even unto the end of the age. Throughout all the various seasons and struggles of life, we are never alone.

Ocean: Deep calls unto deep. The depth in a person and the depth in the heart of God, calling unto one another. Seeking God's face and cultivating a close relationship with Him.

Honua: Earth, Foundation. To be rooted and grounded and have a solid foundation in the Word of God and in both knowledge and experience of divine and practical truths.


Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiloh 1 Month Old

Shiloh Ocean's first visit to the ocean! Dada put a flower in her hair.