Saturday, February 11, 2023

Airport Memories

I will always have my memories of sweet little Uri. One activity he and I tackled together quite a few times was navigating airports and flight to visit friends and family out-of-state. Sometimes we would all go as a family, but quite a few times Uri and I went on our own. It was easier with Jacob, but Uri and I were able to manage on our own as well when Jacob needed to stay home and work. I remember most clearly the trip we took to CA to help with hospice care for my Nana as she was nearing the end of her life, and then the trip we took to CO to visit some friends a few weeks before Uri passed away. We had a long layover and ended up eating at a restaurant and playing with the ice in the water cup for an hour or two. Well, I suppose it wasn't a long layover, but it felt like a significant amount of time to fill with a little guy. But he was a champ. He laughed and smiled and played during the layover. He snuggled and nursed and napped during the flight. My son was such a good travel buddy. Now I must travel through life without him, but at journey's end when I cross over to Heaven, I will pick him up in my arms and never put him down again.


1 comment:

  1. Jamie,

    You've been heavily on my heart and in my prayers the last few days. I first heard of your story a couple years ago, but God has really laid your family on my heart recently. Although I don't know you and didn't get the chance to meet your sweet boy, he will not be forgotten! Thank you for sharing your precious memories and story. Looking forward to that day, with you, that you get to pick up your boy and never put him down in Heaven. Not sure if you're still in the Renton area, but if you ever want a friend to share more stories with (or just anything!), I'm here! Continuing to pray for your family.

    ReplyDelete

Shiloh 1 Month Old

Shiloh Ocean's first visit to the ocean! Dada put a flower in her hair.