Saturday, March 4, 2023

Never Lose Your Sense of Wonder


Another pinterest find. I've often contemplated this concept. One can lose their sense of wonder. I know my sense of wonder goes through seasons, and can sometimes lie dormant. But I feel it is important to cultivate the place in the heart that has awe both for God, and for God's creation. By God's creation, I don't just mean the great wonderful outdoors, though that is certainly worth seeing with wonder. No, I  mean anything God has created; directly or indirectly. God created the primary world, and mankind takes the resources He has given and sub-creates all sorts of wonderful things. We can wonder at a thunderstorm, a good book, an ice cream cone, a line of ants marching diligently along, or the mist hovering in the forest. We can wonder at the thick presence of the Holy Spirit in a room full of worshipers, or a cozy cup of hot cocoa, or the precious toes on a baby's foot. I could write for hours and not even begin to scratch the surface of things we might wonder at. I think enjoying such things and giving thanks to our Creator is fulfilling a good portion of our purpose here on earth. Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiloh 1 Month Old

Shiloh Ocean's first visit to the ocean! Dada put a flower in her hair.